From one of my fellow panelists at the CPL presentation we gave on self-publishing.
I have only published two books, so I’m by no means an expert on self-publishing. I made a few mistakes but I also learned a thing or two during the process.
Why self-publish in the first place?
- You don’t need to deal with rejections from publishers
- You’re in control of your book, from size to cover and everything in between
- No promotion and marketing support – as a self-publish author, you’re completely on your own.
When to save and when to spend
Don’t try to do everything by yourself. Know when you can save money and when you should pay for professional help.
- Have a beta-reader, possibly more than one. Offer to be a beta-reader in return.
- If you can afford it, hire a professional editor. Editing is costly, so make sure that you’re happy with your choice. Ask for references, check out a few books she or…
View original post 647 more words